Kindergarten to 2nd SLE's
Schoolwide Learning Expectations Grades Kindergarten through Second
A ST. FRANCIS DE SALES STUDENT IS:
A FAITHFUL CATHOLIC/CHRISTIAN WHO:
- Acts as God’s child.
- Joyfully participates in prayer and Eucharist.
- Participates in service projects for church, family, school, and community.
- Has an awareness of actions that bring peace and justice to others.
AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR WHO:
- Speaks, writes, listens, and responds.
- Shares ideas and information when asked.
- Listens respectfully to others.
- Can express thoughts verbally.
- Can express thoughts using good writing skills.
A LIFELONG LEARNER WHO:
- Sets goals and works to achieve them.
- Tries to solve a problem more than one way.
- Is able to handle mistakes and learn from them.
- Is able to find information and apply it.
- Uses technology in everyday life.
A RESPONSIBLE/GLOBALLY AWARE CITIZEN WHO:
- Respects and appreciates all God’s children.
- Takes care of God’s earth and all of its creatures for now and the future.
- Knows and respects laws/rules.
- Is aware of what is happening around the world.