3rd to 8th SLE'S
Schoolwide Learning Expectations Grades 3rd through 8th
A ST. FRANCIS DE SALES STUDENT IS:
A FAITHFUL CATHOLIC/CHRISTIAN WHO:
- Thinks and behaves in an ethical Catholic/Christian manner.
- Enthusiastically participates in prayer and Eucharist.
- Participates in service projects for church, family, school, and community.
- Has an awareness of actions considered to bring peace and justice into the lives of others.
AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR WHO:
- Speaks, writes, listens, and responds effectively.
- Shares opinions and information appropriately.
- Listens respectfully to the opinion of others.
- Can express thoughts in writing clearly, using good writing skills.
A LIFE-LONG LEARNER WHO:
- Sets realistic goals and works to achieve them.
- Is a critical thinker.
- Is able to handle failure and learn from it.
- Is able to obtain information and use it effectively.
- Uses technology in everyday life.
A RESPONSIBLE/GLOBALLY AWARE CITIZEN WHO:
- Respects and appreciates ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity.
- Is aware of global and national events and their impact on our lives.
- Is committed to the protection of the earth’s resources with an eye to future generations.
- Knows and respects the laws of the land.